Change is constant and inevitable in any business environment, but it isn’t always easy for employees to adapt quickly and embrace the new future.
As business owners or leaders, we need our employees to understand the reasons for the change, to transition quickly and do what they do best- perform well in their roles. This is easier said than done if they feel uncertain or confused about the future.
Here are 5 simple ways to help ensure that people are on board quickly and feeling positive about organisational changes:
- Be transparent. Explain the business reasons for the changes, help people to understand why it is happening and provide vehicles and opportunities for people to ask questions.
- Map out the process. Tell people what is happening, why, when and stick to the plan.
- Involve everyone- your ideas are not the only ideas. Encourage open conversations and discussions in small teams. Ask for opinions on how to get things done in the best way and employees will inevitably feel engaged, helping to make the transition run smoothly.
- Train your managers. Arm them with the tools, rhetoric and practicalities of how to manage resistance to change at ground level and how to answer any questions their people may have.
- Celebrate successes along the way. Change management is an ongoing process. Celebrating milestones is motivational and will encourage adoption of the changes more efficiently.
If you would like any advice, help or practical support with an organisational or cultural change, please get in touch. We have a proven track record in this field and would be happy to help you deliver on your objectives.